LACKAWANNA COLLEGE HAS BEEN VOTED ONE OF THE
“BEST PLACES TO WORK IN PA” FOR 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019 and 2020!
Lackawanna College is a private, accredited college serving the people of Northeastern Pennsylvania. Our main campus is located in downtown Scranton, and our footprint includes satellite centers in Covington Twp., Hawley, Hazleton, Sunbury, Towanda and Tunkhannock
Our mission is to provide a quality education to all persons who seek to improve their lives and better the communities in which they live. We provide our students with a direct path to a bachelor’s degree, associate degree, or one of many different professional certifications. Additionally, our Continuing Education department helps put the people of Northeastern Pennsylvania back to work with modern career skills. Lackawanna is also one of the most cost-efficient regional higher education institutions.
If our mission inspires you, and you are willing to go the extra mile to help our students succeed, please feel free to apply for this or future employment opportunities for which you meet the minimum qualifications. We particularly encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups including women and minorities. Please know that only the candidates who meet the minimum qualifications can be considered, and only those selected for interviews will be contacted by a college representative. No phone calls, please.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBJECTIVES:
The Laboratory Assistant is responsible for assisting in the lab for Surgical Technology classes to help ensure the courses are successful and provide students with additional hands-on practice.
This is a semester based, 10-15 hour/week non-tenure track position.
1. Assists Instructor with preparation of labs, carrying out laboratory activities, practical examinations and skill proficiency check offs for various Surgical Technology classes and open lab hours as assigned.
2. Maintains current knowledge of the Surgical Technology profession, clinical skills, and educational methodology through continuing professional development.
3. Other duties as assigned including but not limited to CAAHEP accreditation requirements and community service.
1. Excellent interpersonal communication skills
2. Ability to multi-task
3. Strong leadership abilities,
4. Good time management and organizational skills.
- Highest Academic Degree of Surgical Technology education, an Associate Level Degree, or education level needed to achieve Credentials of Certified Surgical Technologist.
- Current Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) credential.
- Greater than 2 years' post-graduation clinical experience including but not limited to experience supervising and educating Surgical Technology students.
- College teaching experience in health care or related fields preferred.
- Familiarity or experience with CAAHEP Accreditation requirements for Surgical Technology programs preferred.
Applications will only be accepted via online method OR email. If selecting the email option, interested candidates can email resumes to [email protected]. Deadline for applications, Friday September 23rd, 2022. No phone calls, please.
In compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and all other applicable non-discrimination laws, Lackawanna College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran’s status, or genetic information in its educational programs and activities, admissions, and with regard to employment.
Lackawanna College is an accredited, private, non-profit educational institution providing opportunities for career and personal development within selected associates degree, certificate and continuing education program.