LACKAWANNA COLLEGE HAS BEEN VOTED ONE OF THE
“BEST PLACES TO WORK IN PA” FOR 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019 and 2020!
Lackawanna College is a private, accredited college serving the people of Northeastern Pennsylvania. Our main campus is located in downtown Scranton, and our footprint includes satellite centers in Covington Twp., Hawley, Hazleton, Sunbury, Towanda and Tunkhannock
Our mission is to provide a quality education to all persons who seek to improve their lives and better the communities in which they live. We provide our students with a direct path to a bachelor’s degree, associate degree, or one of many different professional certifications. Additionally, our Continuing Education department helps put the people of Northeastern Pennsylvania back to work with modern career skills. Lackawanna is also one of the most cost-efficient regional higher education institutions.
If our mission inspires you, and you are willing to go the extra mile to help our students succeed, please feel free to apply for this or future employment opportunities for which you meet the minimum qualifications. We particularly encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups including women and minorities. Please know that only the candidates who meet the minimum qualifications can be considered, and only those selected for interviews will be contacted by a college representative. No phone calls, please.
This position works up to 20 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBJECTIVES:
The Education Quality Specialist supports the BSN program with accreditation and administrative expertise, facilitates student success, and works closely with the Director of Nursing Programs to assure an exceptional educational experience for each student. This role is administrative, with staff teaching responsibilities, to meet program and curricular needs.
1. Actively assist with recruiting, evaluating, and staffing BSN classes.
2. Monitor and assess BSN student academic experience.
3. Provide supportive services as a formal advisor for 50% of BSN students; as well as act as mentor for all BSN students.
4. Assist RN grads in transiting to BSN program.
5. Teach up to one BSN class a semester.
6. Ensure alignment between BSN and RN program policies, curriculum, and overall operations.
7. Assist the Program Director in documenting ongoing ASN and BSN compliance with NLN accreditation and SBON standards/regulations.
8. Analyze evaluation and assessment documents to recommend opportunities for improvement.
9. All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication.
2. Strong organizational skills.
3. Ability to prioritize and multitask responsibilities.
4. Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues across all areas of the college; as well as community constituents.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills.
6. Knowledge of college health sciences programs, and academic policies and procedures.
7. Sensitivity to the impact of diversity on the student body and the institutional climate
8. Commitment to fulfillment of the College mission.
- MSN degree required.
- PhD in related field or DNP preferred
- Previous experience working in healthcare setting or higher education preferred.
- Accreditation experience preferred.
Applications will only be accepted via online method OR email. If selecting the email option, interested candidates can email resumes to [email protected]. Deadline for applications, Saturday October 1st, 2022. No phone calls, please.
In compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and all other applicable non-discrimination laws, Lackawanna College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran’s status, or genetic information in its educational programs and activities, admissions, and with regard to employment.
Lackawanna College is an accredited, private, non-profit educational institution providing opportunities for career and personal development within selected associates degree, certificate and continuing education program.