The HR Business Partner will team up with leadership to optimize talent, structure, processes, and culture. The incumbent will be responsible for the delivery of all HR services whether delivered personally or in collaboration with colleagues in HR. This position will provide professional HR services with timely advice, guidance, and support to members of management and staff. The incumbent will assist in leading change management projects and manage the HR related internal and external communication for Susquehanna. The HRBP does not act just as an HR Consultant, but as a strategic partner sharing responsibility for goals and target delivery with their Business Partners.
What will you own?
- Employee & Labor Relations
- Assist management and leadership in resolving employee and labor relations issues, conducting effective investigations, and recommending action for sensitive and complex situations.
- Support employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Support labor relations through administration of the collective bargaining agreement and grievance resolution process
- Promote employee satisfaction feedback/process and encourage managers and staff to participate.
- Leadership Development & Talent Management
- Partner with leadership development manager to help assess talent resources across organization regarding succession planning and skill set needs, organizational effectiveness, and the performance evaluation process
- Help leadership swiftly resolve performance/capability opportunities with the use of developmental and performance tools
- Act as local contact for company-wide and Corporate training initiatives by engaging with teams to drive completion of assigned training programs.
- Influence use of rewards and recognition to engage and retain talent
- Recruitment & Selection
- Assist the recruiter with the talent acquisition process, which may include scheduling interviews, pre-screening candidates, formal interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants.
- Coordinate on-boarding and orientation process taking a leading role in welcoming new hires.
- Compensation & Benefits
- Coordinate with the payroll department to investigate and resolve payroll issues.
- Review payroll submittal, audit, and variance reports each pay period to help ensure accuracy.
- Serve as local contact for benefits education and assists with Open Enrollment, leveraging Benefits Support Team as needed.
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job profiling.
- Coordinate Worker’s Compensation, Short Term Disability (STD), and LTD policies and associated leave for the facility.
- Human Resource Information System
- Manage personnel changes in HRIS, confirming accuracy of all transactions and proper retention of supporting documents.
- Contribute to the monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc HR and business reporting processes.
- Assist in creation of procedural guides that document business processes.
- Suggest ideas that will help streamline processes, improve accuracy, enhance operational efficiencies, and support integrity of data.
- Workplace Wellness & Safety
- Partner with leadership to administer business continuity plans that embed our organization’s mission, values, and societal impact with a focus on the well-being of our staff, stakeholders, and the community.
- Compliance with Labor & Employment Laws
- Responsible for management, inventory, maintenance, compliance, and retention of personnel records of active employees as well as retention of personnel files of former employees.
- Provide timely response to Unemployment Claims and requests for verification of employment.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of HR related laws and practices, as well as internal policies/procedures, and provide suitable interpretation to management and employees.
- Engage legal department and other human resources personnel to maintain compliance with employee leave policies and laws.
- Perform related job duties as assigned.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree in HR or a related discipline preferred or equivalent related experiences.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an HR Generalist supporting multiple business units in multi-state organizations.
- PHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to establish relationships, build trust, manage conflict, and influence others.
- Ability to see the big picture and be attentive to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A track record for producing results, problem-solving and accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to use mature decision-making judgment.
- Experience working as an HR Generalist in a complex, fast paced, and continually evolving organization.
- Role-modeling the ‘can-do’ positive attitude, at all times, ensuring the HR community is regarded as a trusted partner.
- Strong Business Acumen.
- Project Management and Change Management Skills.
- Strong Time Management and Priorities Management Skills.
- Negotiation Skills.
- Strong technical skills across the full range of HR activities including:
- Talent management
- Organizational design & change management
- Performance management
- Reward and recognition
- Designing and delivering meaningful HR data
- Implementation and manage strategic HR initiatives
- Identify and communicate business risks with HR leaders and Business Partners
Why Talen Energy?
Force for Good
Talen Energy is one of the largest competitive energy and power generation companies in North America. We operate power plants that use diverse fuel sources in the most attractive wholesale power markets and sell energy to wholesale and retail customers in selected competitive markets. Our passion for excellence grows value through safe and efficient operations. We have an inclusive, diverse, respectful, and collaborative workplace, and a strong commitment to innovation, teamwork, and integrity. We generate energy for a brighter tomorrow.
Our passion for excellence grows value through safe and efficient operations. We have an inclusive, diverse, respectful, and collaborative workplace and were recently recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Midsize Employers.
Perks and Benefits
For all corporate based roles, we offer a competitive package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life lock benefits, 401 (k), paid vacation.
Please be aware that Talen Energy requires extensive Nuclear Power Plant background security clearance.
Talen Energy is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, disability, perceived disability, or any other protected characteristic as may be defined by applicable law.
Note: You will have an opportunity to add attachments to your application. Please use this opportunity to upload your resume, cover letter, and any relevant documents .