The position is responsible for the general maintenance and cleaning of the swimming pool area, locker rooms, steam rooms, saunas and adjacent spaces in the Byron Rec Center. Specific areas of responsibility include the quality of the pool water, testing of water, infusion of chemicals, and the general maintenance of spaces and equipment in the pool area as well as preparation of the pool for swimming events for the University and non-University users. Overtime and weekend work may be required at times throughout the year for logistical support of the activities and scheduled functions.
High School diploma or equivalent is required. Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience involving maintenance and chemical control for in in-ground, or above ground swimming pool.
- Preferred knowledgeable of the latest technology and trends pertaining to care of a swimming facility
- Knowledge and ability to maintain the facility in a way that meets the expectations of the University
- Must be able to respect, support and contribute to the University’s Catholic and Jesuit mission
Must have or complete within 6 months of hire date:
- Confined Space Entry Certification (University of Scranton program)
- Pesticide Applicators License (PA Dept. of Environmental Protection)
- Certified Pool & Spa Operator
*The University will provide funding for such training and subsequent testing for the successful candidate.