About the role:
Barry Callebaut is a global organization poised for growth; a company which has embraced the vision to delight its customers, while out-performing its competitors, a business which is committed to sustainability, has innovation in its DNA, is a leader in complex manufacturing and supply chain solutions and is focused on being a best-in-class employer. Barry Callebaut seeks diverse and passionate people who thrive in a dynamic environment, focused on continuous learning, living BC’s Values and of course loving chocolate.
A Maintenance Technician will repair and maintain various pieces of commercial manufacturing equipment, customized automation, packaging equipment, physical plant systems, as well as facility structure.
Key responsibilities include:
● Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity to standards of operation.
● Evaluate and adjust machine components to produce quality products and/or packages within standards.
● Remove finished packaged items from the machine and separate rejected items.
● Regulate machine flow, speed or temperature.
● Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams and report malfunctions to supervisor.
● Inspect and remove defective products and/or packaging material.
● Comply with all company and department specific safety and GMP policies and procedures.
● Perform other assignments as directed.
● Associate’s Degree (two year college or technical school); Preferred
● Six months related experience and/or specific On the Job Training (OJT) under supervision.
● Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PLC control panels, and Maintenance Work. What you can expect from Barry Callebaut:
● 12 paid holidays, generous PTO, plus your birthday off
● Environment that welcomes workplace flexibility
● An atmosphere where diversity is embraced, and inclusivity is second nature. We call it #OneBC! Just ask our champions with the Americas Women’s Forum and the Racial Equality Forum!
● Ability to grow personally and professionally within an organization that values development and internal career growth
● Be part of our mission in making sustainability the norm through Forever Chocolate with priorities centered around prospering farmers, zero child labor, carbon and forest positive, and creating 100% sustainable ingredients in all of our products.