At Community Bank System, Inc. (CBSI), we are dedicated to providing our customers with friendly, personalized, high-quality financial services and products. Our retail division, Community Bank, N.A., operates more than 230 customer facilities across Upstate New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Vermont and Western Massachusetts. Beyond retail banking, we also offer wealth management, investment management, insurance and risk management, and benefit plan administration.
Just as our employees are committed to helping our customers manage their finances, we’re committed to our employees. After all, they make it happen for our customers every day.
To ensure our people can enjoy long and successful careers here at CBSI, we offer competitive compensation, great benefits, and professional development and advancement opportunities. As an equal-opportunity workplace and affirmative-action employer, we celebrate and support a diverse workplace for the benefit of all: our employees, customers and communities.
A Senior Teller 2 monitors branch service operations in a large or very large size branch by assisting and training less experienced tellers, overseeing the vault and being responsible for branch cash levels, plus preparing required operational and regulatory reports. These duties will coincide with the responsibility of performing customer transactions on the teller line.
• Routinely perform transactions on service line to provide quality customer service and a positive banking experience by handling financial transactions (i.e. cashing checks, handling deposits/withdrawals, etc.) with a professional attitude
• Actively listen for potential sales opportunities to promote specific bank products and services, and refers customers accordingly
• Conduct customer transactions with accuracy and prepare daily balancing within established operational standards
• Oversee and provide guidance to tellers during daily branch service operations to ensure good customer service and adherence to bank procedures
• Balance branch cash and monitor cash levels; order cash from or ship cash to The Federal Reserve when necessary
• Prepare required regulatory, internal and operational reports
• Participate with audits of key branch functions
• May perform duties of a Customer Service Representative as needed
• Maintain knowledge of daily ATM balancing and maintenance, if applicable
• Perform other duties as assigned or directed
• Maintain proficient knowledge of, and demonstrate ongoing compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to this position, ensure ongoing adherence to pertinent policies, procedures and internal controls, and meet all job-specific requirements in a timely fashion
As an integral member of the Branch, this position is also responsible to provide assistance wherever necessary to help the Branch and the Bank in achieving their annual goals.
Education, Training and Requirements:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Internal product and services knowledge
• Accurate and proficient math
• Documentation skills with attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Clear thinking and ability to stay focused
• Thorough knowledge of Bank products
• Demonstrated leadership qualities
• Must be able to consistently demonstrate the Company’s core values: a strong work ethic, integrity, respect for others, responsibility, transparency and humility
• Four (4) years of teller experience normally required
Hours: 40 hours/week
Location: Hazleton S Church St Branch. - 30 S Church St. Hazleton, PA. 18201
Compensation: Commensurate with experience plus potential for annual merit increase. In addition to your competitive salary, you will be rewarded benefits including: 11 paid holidays, paid vacation, Medical, Vision & Dental insurance, 401K with generous match, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, Banking discounts and the list goes on!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk or sit. Use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands or arms, and speak and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to focus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.