Johnson College is currently seeking a custodian. The custodian is responsible for the overall upkeep and cleanliness of the College, which includes housekeeping, set-ups, and floor maintenance of the campus. Qualified candidates will possess a high school diploma or equivalent, must have a valid PA driver's license, be able to lift up to 80lbs, and follow written directions. Hours for this position are 2:30pm to 10:30pm Monday thru Friday
Esstential Job Functions:
- Clean assigned areas of the campus including offices, classrooms, common spaces and bathrooms.
- Dust and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets.
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors, vacuum and shampoo carpets.
- Assit with the setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences, events, etc.
- Follow verbal and written instruction and complete task in a timely manner.
- Safely operate all vehicles and other job related equipment.
- Custodians are essential to the overall success of Commencement (May), Open House events, weekend events and special events that are scheduled in facilities throughout the year and must be available for duty, if needed. Overtime work and/or shift adjustments may be expected at times throughout the year to ensure that coverage is available to carry out the work required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have Valid PA Driver license; be able to lift up to 80lbs, and be able to follow written directions.
Education: High school Diploma or equivalent
Hours for this position are 2:30pm to 10:30pm Monday thru Friday